Monday, January 3, 2011

Hope, Faith, and Love



Don Fransico has a song that tells the story of Him healing Jairus's daughter.  It is a story of hope, love and healing.  1 Samuel also gives us hope in Hannah's story.  Over the course of the last several months I began looking for a new job.  I have found it hard not to be discouraged.  As days drag on hope seems to slip.

Earlier in December Lois had gotten sick and Nancy stayed home Wednesday night.  I took Megan and Aaron to their programs that evening and I went to InDepth.  During our meeting I shared about Lois being sick.  I had mentioned that we just hoped and prayed everyone would be healthy for Christmas.  Prayers were offered and given.  Lois was quickly healthy again.  Everyone was healthy for Christmas.  It truly was a case of answered prayers.  Sunday evening after Christmas Lois got sick again.  She ended up with two ear infections and ran high fevers all week long, even with antibiotics.  Toward the end of the week Cora got sick.  Finally Jane got sick Sunday after New Years Day.  She started running a low grade fever and has what we think to be a mild case of Chickenpox. 

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor...  I give praise and thanks that everyone was healthy for Christmas.  I give praise and thanks for Lois's healing.  For God is truly with us.  He truly blesses us.  Our scriptures are filled with hope and love. 

As I find myself getting discouraged or losing hope I just have to remind myself that God is with us.  1 Peter1:5 "Who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time."  God is with us, He protects us, and He provides for us.  We have all the hope we need.  We just need to keep our faith.  We need to rely fully and completely upon Christ.  God hears our prayers, petitions, and requests.  He will answer each and everyone of them according to His will.  Let us stay within the boundaries of His will...

No comments:

Post a Comment