Thursday, January 13, 2011

All Alone...Really?

Scripture:
Romans 5:1-5
Romans 8:28-39


Have you ever felt alone, all alone.  I once told someone at a men's group function at church that I could feel all alone in a crowd of people.  At that time I was in a room full of people and yet I could have been the only one there.  Even though people were seated all around me and I could hear conversations throughout the room I was still alone.  Not knowing why I did it I shared that with one of the pastors I had briefly met before.   He saw something I didn't and later we would have some very uplifting conversations.

Even though I felt alone and separated God was with me.  He wouldn't let me stay alone for very long.  No matter what we feel or think we are never truly alone.  God is with us all the time.  Romans 8:35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?..." Verses 38 & 39 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

There is nothing or anyone who can separate us from God.  Not even Satan can tear us from God's loving arms.  The only separation we have from God is when we walk away and deny Him.  Then and only then can we be truly alone.  As long as we turn to God and embrace Him we will never be alone.  So the next time I feel all alone in a crowd I just have to turn around and see Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment