Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who Me Serve...

Scripture:
Isaiah 31:1-5
Titus 3:5-8


I have often said, more to myself than to others, that God doesn't necessarily call the qualified.  He qualifies those that He calls.  I have too often used the excuse of who am I to do this.  I am not good enough, or even who would listen to me.  All very good excuses but that is all they are.  Even if we do not think we are capable we must remember we can do all things in Christ.  In Phillippians 4:13 Paul writes "I can do all things through Him who Strengthens me." (New American Standard Bible)  Jesus fed thousands with just a few loaves of bread and a few fish.  He did so more than once.  The point is In Christ the impossible is possible.

Just a few short years ago I would have said it is impossible for me to write these thoughts and share them.  When I was a child growing up I hated standing in front of large crowds.  OK in front of any size group.  I would never in my life dreamed of speaking in front of a group.  I have preached several sermons and given even more devotional talks.  I say this not to boast but share what Christ has done.  I couldn't stand on a stage or behind a podium and speak.  I couldn't even begin to prepare a message.  Christ has worked in my life and through me.  I still get huge butterflies whenever I do speak but I can stand there and give the message Jesus gives me to share.  My professional success in the I.T. field is not my capabilities but what Christ has given me and done through me. 

When we fear to do what God has called us to do we must remember God is our deliverer, protector, and provider.  He will not allow anyone or anything triumph over us as long as we are doing what He wants us to do.  As long as we are in His will doing those things which He has asked we cannot fail.  To reiterate what my pastor said in a sermon, we are not responsible for the results.  We are responsible to do our part...

No comments:

Post a Comment