Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let Us Comfort One Another...



Hope, comfort, loss, grief, strife, struggle, faith, love, all of these things are a part of us at one time or another.  As I struggle with my own problems and seek comfort or reassurance from others I am reminded that my situation isn't quite so bad.  I have been listening to a book entitled 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper.  I have also just heard of a tragic accident that just happened.  A family that is struck by death as well as severe injuries. 

As I ponder life's events and my devotionals from this morning God sends me reminders.  I am reminded that we must show compassion to others.  I am reminded that my circumstances are not as bad as I might think they are.  I am reminded that I am here to serve.  I am reminded that I need to be there for others.

We are here for each other in times of need.  We are to give comfort as Jesus gives comfort.  Christ might use anyone of us to be hope for another.  We are His hands and feet.  We are the voice of Christ here on earth.  We can sit silent and continue to let the world go by.  However, if that is all we do how can we call ourselves followers of Christ?  Ephesians 2:10 "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."  Also Jesus tells us himself to go forth and make disciples of all nations.  Matthew 28:19 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit..."

As I manage my own struggles I need to remember I am not alone.  I need to remember that I am here to give comfort, aid, support, and love to others.  I need to remember not to focus on myself but on others.  It is my prayer that God will use me as He sees fit.  I pray that I can be a comfort or guide or strength for others, or should I say Christ through me...

No comments:

Post a Comment