Monday, January 31, 2011

Exercising Our Faith


Scripture:

As I sat and listened to the sermon and watched the pastor yesterday I kept thinking about physical fitness.  Well I should say my lack of it.  I started to feel guilty that I wasn't working out in any way.  I thought that I really needed to start exercising.  I know I need to start. I might even have every intension to start.  The problem is I wont start.  I come up with excuse after excuse.  Without exercising I will not be able to maintain a healthy body.

Today's scripture talks about  entering through the narrow gate.  We are also told to walk in Him whom we have received.  We are also to spreed the gospel to all the ends of the earth.  How can we do these things.  How can we follow Christ walking in His steps.  How can we be able to go through the narrow gate.  We must dig into scripture and pour ourselves out to the Lord.  We must allow the Holy Spirit to fill us and consume us.  In other words we cannot simply sit back and do nothing if we want to have a healthy spiritual life with Christ.  We must exercise our faith in order for it to grow stronger.  Faith like a muscle and needs to be worked in order to grow big and strong...

Who knows maybe someday I will start to exercise...

No comments:

Post a Comment