Wednesday, December 22, 2010

His Love And Compassion

Scripture:
Isaiah 42:1-7
Hebrews 4:14-16


Compassion is often found as weakness in society.  We dare not show emotion or compassion.  If we do we are deemed weak or foolish.  when I was little our family moved from the South to the North.  I had a strong southern accent going to the second grade.  I became the but of everyone's joke.  My emotions got the best of me time and again.  I guess that helped me become more compassionate as I grew.  I had someone once tell me I had the gift of compassion.  I could feel your hurts and pains right along with you.  I somehow new how you felt and felt it with you.

How much more does Jesus feel?  How much more does he understand.  His love for us is so great that He came to this earth to be human.  He felt everything we feel. He suffered great pains and was rejected by all.  Even His closest friends turned away in His our of need.  How much greater is Jesus' compassion for us.  Next time you think how can God know what it is like just remember Jesus has been there and done that...

Most likely this will be my last devotional thought before Christmas.  So I want to take a moment to Wish you all a very Merry Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment