Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Is It Time To Go Home?

Scripture:
John 13:33-38

I remember when I first arrived on board the Nimitz.  I was 18, young and not so bright.  I thought everything would be so much different than what they were.  As I stepped off the plane onto the flight deck I saw a beautiful sight.  The ocean blue meeting the blue skies off in the distance.  I was brought to reality by the onslaught of noise and commotion all around me.  As I walked off the flight deck I knew I didn't want to be there.  I knew I just had to go home.  

Well the truth was that it wasn't time to go home.  I would fall asleep at night telling myself to have faith.  God was faithful.  He was with me on board that ship.  Even when I went astray He was with me.  I cast all my cares upon Him.  I 1 Peter 5:6-7 " 6Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, 7casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."

I wanted to go home, at the time it didn't matter which home.  God however, had a purpose for me being there.  I cast my cares and worry on Him.  He gave me the strength I needed to make it through.  I ended up working for the chaplains on board ship.  I met some people who would even now are influential in my life.  After many years after the service I connected again with a friend.  He was my supervisor and had to deal with me, poor guy.  God reunited us not too long ago.  He has been influential in helping me put together a website, blogging site, and these daily devotional thoughts.

God brought people into my when I needed them.  As long as I cast my cares upon Him and trust Him everything will turn out all right.  I didn't go home right away like I wanted, either home.  God had a plan.  No matter what we go through all we have to do is remember He is with us.  If we allow Him to work in our lives and guide us we will be right where He wants us.  We must look for the opportunities as they present themselves.  Then we need to faithfully act upon them.  God has us here for a reason and when the time is right we will all go Home...

No comments:

Post a Comment