Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Let Us Not Compromise


Scripture:

It seems that life's busy ways can distract us and keep us from God.  In order to fit in or to be right with the world we can bend or slip away from what is important.  We do not necessarily stick to what God would have us do.  Even now I find I am easily distracted while writing this.  Life is full of constant interruptions, anything to keep us from God.  

Even when faced with being thrown to his death by the lions Daniel never wavered.  He stayed steadfast and constant.  God always being faithful saved Daniel.  God always being faithful will save us, He is always with us.  Psalm 91:14-16 NIV, 
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; 
   I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him; 
   I will be with him in trouble, 
   I will deliver him and honor him. 
16 With long life I will satisfy him 
   and show him my salvation.”

Daniel and David along with a score of others in the Bible knew this to be true and never wavered in their faith.  Look at all Paul endured for Christ.  His steadfast faith still impacts Christians all over the world today.  Something to keep in perspective is time.  What is a day or even a year of suffering compared to eternity of misery being separated from God.  

God is with those who acknowledge Him and are faithful.  He will never leave or forsake us.  Let us all be more like Daniel.  Let us stand firm for what matters.  4Him plays has a song For Future Generations  that says 
So I wont bend and I wont break 
I wont water down my faith
I wont compromise in a world of desperation...

We need to say that we wont bend or break.  That we will not compromise our faith.  For the rest of this week let this be our motto...

No comments:

Post a Comment