Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Where Do You Store Your Riches?



The views of this world place wealth in possessions.  It is too often I get caught up in thinking how poor I am.  Like a lot of people I struggle to pay bills and put food on the table.  There never seems to be enough funds to go around.  All of us have to do without something we really want.  There are times it breaks my heart not to be able to give art lessons or ballet lessons to one of the girls.  I begin to let the weight of the world press in and I think how poor I am.

In reality I am not poor at all.  I am really a very rich man.  I have the love of a wonderful wife, whom I love more than anything in this world.  Only God rises above my wife in my life.  Next I have five wonderful children.  All of whom seem very smart and capable.  Best of all they all share joy in knowing Jesus and having Him in all our lives.  Our family lives in nice house God has provided for us.  We even have a dog who loves us and we love dearly.  Best of all I have the greatest treasure anyone could ever have.  I have eternal life in heaven with our lord and savior Jesus.  I have the greatest gift of all, salvation.  My goal and prayer is to store all my wealth in heaven where it will never rot, rust, break, or disappear.  Unlike wealth in this world, here today and gone tomorrow, our riches in heaven will always be there.

All I have to do is keep my focus on Christ.  As this world crashes down around us let us all refocus on what is important.  Let us remember where our treasures are.  Let us help each other to build up our faith.  It is through faith that we gain our eternal wealth.  God will bless us here on earth.  We may never be rich by worldly standards but we have something better.  We have Jesus in our hearts and lives.  Nothing can overcome Him.  He who is in us is greater than anything or anyone of this world…

No comments:

Post a Comment