Monday, September 19, 2011

Love Thy Enemy



Last week I was having a rough morning with an employee in the office.  Every time something doesn’t go their way I am in for a conflict.  It doesn’t matter if I am right or not the gloves go on.  Last week was no different and I had enough of their constant questioning and attacks.  It was all I could do just to smile.  After a brief talk with someone in Extension Services it was commented on that I have yet to write about our enemies.  We all have them.  We all have differences with others. 

Something I remind myself is that God loves them, those who I do not get along with, just as much as He loves me.  In fact He died just for them.  If He can accept them just as they are then I need to as well.  Am I greater than my creator?  Do I know more than God?  Do I have all the power, knowledge, and wisdom of all creation?  Obviously the answer is no.  I am just another creation and like everyone else I am unique and precious.  God gave life to me just as he gave them life as well.  They are just as precious as I am.

Jesus tells us to pray for our enemies to love them.  Paul writes in Romans that we are to care for our enemies, give them food and drink.  In doing this it is as if we are heaping hot coals upon them.  I may not see the difference but it is still important for me to pray for my enemies.  I make it a point to pray for those who see fit to cause me trouble and hardships.  I pray for Christ to be in their hearts and for them to be filled with the Holy Spirit.  If for no other reason cause I know Jesus loves them and died for them too.  Jesus wants them to be saved.  He wants a personal relationship with them.  If they are good enough for Jesus then they are good enough for me.  It doesn’t matter what they do only what I do…

No comments:

Post a Comment