Thursday, September 8, 2011

Do You Live in Trust or Fear?



Do you trust me is a question we hear over and over.  One scene that comes to mind is in National Treasure with Nicholas Cage.  Diane Kruger’s character is hanging off a ledge being held by Nicholas Cage.  She cannot see below her.  They are swinging back and forth on a platform.  He asks do you trust me and her reply is yes.  As they swing back over the stairs he lets her go and she drops safely to the ground.

Do we have that kind of blind faith and trust in God?  Romans 8:35-37 asks us what can separate us from God.  The good news is nothing can.  We can conquer all things through Christ.  We are never alone or forsaken.  Jesus tells us to lay our burdens upon Him.  Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV):

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

We can place our cares and burdens upon Jesus.  We do not have to shoulder it alone.  The question to ask is do you trust Him?  In Psalm 90 we are reminded that our days are numbered.  We only have so much time here in this life.  We only get one chance at life.  As the saying goes time is running out.  How do we live our lives, is it in full trust in Jesus?  Have you placed your cares upon Him or do you carry the burdens of the world upon your shoulders?  We do not have to be alone nor do we have to face this life alone.  Jesus is with us and we can conquer it all through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment