Thursday, September 1, 2011

Waiting Upon the Lord...



All of us have had problems in our lives.  We run into some trouble or hardship.  We turn to God for help or deliverance.  What happens when we decide God isn’t working fast enough, or that we feel He is not answering us?  If we are smart about it and patient we will wait upon God.  Abram & Sarai didn’t think God was able to give them a child.  Sarai decided to take matters into her own hands.  The disaster that followed is still felt today. 
When we decide that we can handle things we invite disaster to rain upon us.  I know when I try to fix it or handle whatever it is I make matters worse.  I invite disaster upon myself and my family.  When I wait upon God things tend to work out better.  God’s way is always the best way.  God’s way is the right way.  We just have to wait upon Him.  Sometimes that can be very difficult.  I know that I am looking at current circumstances and I want a fix now.  However, there isn’t a quick fix.  Even though I messed up God is with me.  I have to repent of my sins and move on.  God will not abandon me, or you.  Regardless of the situation God is with us and He will provide a way.  We just have to wait upon Him and trust in Him.  His way is the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment