Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Can't...



How many blessings do we miss out on because we said no to God?  Maybe we don’t feel we can perform the task.  Maybe we think it is too much for us to handle.  It is possible we are too tired and the task is meaningless.  We never know what God has in mind.  One thing we can be sure of is that God uses the least likely.  All through the Bible God has taken the least or smallest and done great things through them.  Moses had a speech problem, Gideon was the least of the weakest tribe, and David was the youngest brother the least in the family.  Each time God used them, and others to accomplish His plans.  Peter saw a miracle when he lowered his nets back into the water.  He was tired after working all night.  I am sure all he wanted to do was go home and sleep.  Instead he lowered his nets and had such a large catch two boats couldn’t float under the weight.  Peter went on to become a great fisher of men, one of Jesus’ closest friends and disciples.
What are you missing out on because you said no?  Maybe you do not feel capable of the task.  Remember God will enable you and equip you to the task He calls you to.  John 14:15-18 (NIV)

“If you love me, keep my commands.  And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever  the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.  I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

We are filled with the Holy Spirit.  We are enabled by the power of the Holy Spirit.  In Christ we can do all things.  Through Christ we can accomplish anything.  When I am faced with an overwhelming project I have to break it down.  When I see the big picture I begin to have a sinking feeling of dread.  I cannot possibly do this…  It is when I stop and seek God’s guidance and then break it down that I finally can believe I can do it. 

Earlier this summer I decided to take on a project, writing a book.  I had an outline and an idea.  Then when faced with actually writing I thought there is no way I can do this.  I saw the entire book needing to be written.  It wasn’t until I broke it down chapter and concentrated on each chapter individually that I could even begin.  I now have six out of nine chapter written, well a rough draft.  Several thoughts of why I cannot write this book came to mind.  One of them was who am I to write this book?  Who would want to read what I have written?  There is someone more qualified than I am to write on this topic.  I had to remind myself that God is the one who asked me to write it.  He is the one who has enabled me to write.  It is through the Holy Spirit that I am able to write this book.  I also realized one other thing about writing this book.  If for no other reason it has benefited me.  I may feel inadequate but Jesus isn’t…

No comments:

Post a Comment