Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baby Steps



One scripture passage that comes to mind on faith is Mark 9:24 “Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” In the passage a father comes to Jesus for help.  Jesus tells him that everything is possible for someone who believes.  I have often prayed that God would help me in my lack of faith.  I always admired those with great faith.  You know the faith that can move mountains, and usually does.  I always wished that I could have a faith like that and prayed that God would help me.

After reading my morning devotional today I realized that God has been working on my faith all this time.  It isn’t one big giant leap but a bunch of little steps.  There was a movie several years ago titled What About Bob.  Bob, played by Bill Murray, started the movie with multiphobic psychiatric issues.  His psychiatrist is going on vacation and Bob cannot deal with him being unavailable.  The psychiatrist tells Bob he can do it.  All he has to do is take baby steps.

Our walk in faith is like Bob’s journey in the movie.  We can be men and women of great faith that move mountains.  It all starts with baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment