Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Who Is Your First Love?


Scripture:
Revelation 2:1-7

As I read the passage I the thought that John wrote them to churches today.  Over the years churches today seemed to have lost their way.  They have lost their first love.  Years ago I started a small computer business.  I had someone to partner with and we were going to make it a ministry unto God.  The problem is we forgot to include God.  Over the few years I was in business I struggled till I finally had to close the doors and get a job.
 
I struggled and fought to do God’s work.  I was only doing it without Him.  I forgot my first love.  Today my goal is to continuously seek my first love.  I want all I do to glorify God.  I pray He gets all credit and glory.  Everything I can do is because of Him.  All I have is because He gave it.  I still struggle in life but I now have the strongest life line of all, Jesus Christ.

There are churches today that need to seek their first love.  They need to return to God as their focus giving Him all credit.  If churches seek the Holy Spirit first and foremost everything else will fall into place.  That is not only true for churches but also for us individually as well…


No comments:

Post a Comment