Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Running The Race


Scripture:

When I was in high school I ran cross country my freshman year.  When the season began I wasn't very fast or could keep a good pace for long.  Through many days of practice and pushing myself I improved.  By the end of the season I was in the top seven runners on the team.  Why was I able to improve so much?  I prepared myself daily through diligence and hard work continuously striving to excel.  

Paul at the end of his life stated he had fought the good fight.  Why was he able to do so?  He strove to be Christ like in all he did.  He prepared himself daily and did God's work every day.  Daniel was able to stand firm in his faith because he kept himself right with God.  He walked daily with God and strove to be righteous in God's eyes not man's.

At the end of the season will we have prepared ourselves daily?  Will we be able to run the race and win? Are our lives living examples of Christ?  Are we choosing God's will and ways over the world's?  Through training hard and perseverance I improved throughout the season.  By following God's will or commands when it is easy we will be better prepared to do so when it is hard.  Through our perseverance we will grow stronger in our faith and be able to walk closer to God. Then in the end we too will be able to say I fought the good fight...

No comments:

Post a Comment