Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Least Of These...


Scripture:

God is amazing.  He is our everything.  Without Him I know I am nothing.  My wife and I recently watched the movie Prince of Persia, released in 2010.  An orphaned boy became adopted by the king.  The boy was given an inheritance that he did not deserve or have a birth right to.  I think of this and realize we too have been given an inheritance that we do not deserve or have a birth right to.  Ephesians 1:11 "also we (A)have obtained an inheritance, having been (B)predestined(C)according to His purpose who works all things (D)after the counsel of His will," says it best. 

Last night I went to a class at our church.  During this class I kept thinking I am  not worthy or good enough to be a leader in this or any church.  I feel that I have nothing to offer.  In my life today I feel things crashing around me.  Nancy would say I have too much going on, and I believe she is right.  I have so little to offer and give.  I feel stretched too thin.  The trouble is that I am relying on my resources and not God's.  After all He has taken two fish and five loaves of bread and He fed over five thousand people.  In Judges God used a man who felt unworthy and the lowest of the low.  Gideon did not feel he was worthy or capable to the task God had set before him.  God saw someone of worth and value.    Judges 6:12 "When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said, “The LORD is with you, mighty warrior.”  Also in 1 Samuel chapter 16 Samuel anointed David the youngest and least of his brothers to be the next king of Israel.

God made the stars and the heavens by just speaking. Genesis 1:3 "And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light."  If we allow Him to work in our lives and give Him control we can move mountains.  He can take the least of these and turn them into men and women that will reshape the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment