Monday, March 21, 2011

They Will Know We Are Christians...

Scripture:

They will know we are Christians by the way we walk...  Can people really see Christ in me?  John 14:23 tells us that if we love Jesus then we will follow His commands.  Too often we think of love as being just an emotional feeling.  To truly love someone is to go beyond emotions.  Our emotions often times will be the beginning of a relationship.  However, if the relationship is to succeed and grow you have to move beyond the emotions.  

I can say I love my wife all day long.  If my actions and words are hurtful I am not showing her my love.  Do I then really love her.  Instead if I truly love my wife I will strive to build her up and lift her above all else.  If I truly love my wife I will honor her.  My actions will show my love.  The words I speak will positive and encouraging.  Jesus tells us that if we love Him we will obey His commands.  If we truly love Christ then our actions and our words will show that love.  Love is not an emotion but an act of our will.  They will know we are Christians by the way we walk...

No comments:

Post a Comment