Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pouring Out Blessings



As I read my devotional and the scriptures this morning I was reminded all that God has done for my family this past year.  In some respects it has been a tough past twelve months.  In others it has been one blessing after another.  Even now my wife and I have been blessed even in our financial crises.  God put it upon our hearts to help a family in need.  We struggled to prepare a place for a family to live.  The expenses have been higher than we thought.  My wife and I are more than happy to prepare a place and provide for this family. 
 
The stress and strain on both families will be high in the coming months.  As a pastor once said remember who the enemy is and keep your focus on God.  It will be easy to lash out verbally at each other at times.  We need to remember to watch our tongues.  To help us in this we must keep our focus on Christ and His examples in life.
 
As I pondered what God has given us I realize that it is important to pass on His blessings.  I cannot horde them for myself.  They were never meant for me alone.  An illustration that was shared with me is of a cup.  If you pour water into a cup once it is full you cannot receive more water.  First you must empty the cup.  By pouring water into another person’s cup mine will empty.  Once empty I have room to receive more blessings.  My cup will never run out.  God will not turn the faucet off.  One such passing is the sharing of our upstairs.  God will use that for His glory and not only will my family be blessed but others will be as well.

God will always provide.  2 Corinthians 9:8 “And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;”

No comments:

Post a Comment