Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nothing Is Too Big...


Scripture:

I frantically struggled through this morning to work everything that I needed to out.  I look at what time I have left to finish a few projects and think I cannot get it done.  People didn't come through as expected.  Other things are not working out the way they are planned.  I see issues that I cannot fix, finish or resolve.

Today's scriptures remind me of two things.  First thing I must keep my focus on God.  Look at what happened to the Israelites.  Before going into the promised land they wandered in the wilderness for 40 years.  In later years they forgotten who God is and were sent into exile.  Deuteronomy 8:19-20 "If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed. Like the nations the LORD destroyed before you, so you will be destroyed for not obeying the LORD your God."  I do not want to lose my way and in all the hustle and bustle that can happen very easily.  If not careful we can all slip and lose our way.  Before we know it we wonder where God is.  We fail to see that by losing focus on God we lose our way.

The second thing is noting is too difficult for God.  God can do anything and in or through Christ I can do anything.  God created the heavens and the earth.  He made things that are so big it is almost incomprehensible.  He also made things so tiny we cannot see them even with the most powerful microscopes.  By keeping my focus on God through my turmoil and through my tasks I will be able to complete what needs to be done.  If God puts it on us to do He will provide a means to complete the task.  All we have to do is rely on Him and keep our focus on Him.  After all what we do should be about Him.  All that we do should be to glorify Him.  So what ever I accomplish or whatever I am able to do is not really me but Christ in me.  Jesus not me should be given all credit.  I cannot organize one thought from my devotionals to share without insight and guidance from Christ.  I pray that my words are His.  That He be given honor and glory in all I do.

Remember no matter what you face nothing is too big for God...

No comments:

Post a Comment