Sunday, August 1, 2010

Walk By Faith Not By Sight...

6So we are always of good courage. We know that(A) while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, 7for(B) we walk by faith, not(C) by sight.

Some time ago I did a children’s message using a pair of dark sunglasses and a pair of prescription glasses.  The gist of it is that when we walk by site it is as if we put on the sun glasses and with the lights turned down low walk around inside the church.  Obviously if we did we would not be able to see very well.  Most likely we would stumble and trip often.  However, when we walk by faith we remove the sun glasses put on our prescription glasses and turn up the lights.  Now we can see where we are going and will less likely stumble or trip.

In my life I have found that everything turns out better when I allow God to take control, when I walk by faith.  When I attempt to control my life myself I find I make a huge mess of things, it is then that I walk by site.   It can be hard at times to truly and completely rely on God trusting in him.  As I look back on the events and mistakes of my life I know for certain that God is true to His Word and that He is always with us.  Just one example is the issue I had from a small business I once had few years back.  My wife and I almost lost everything we had.  It was God that saw us through.  It was God that allowed us to keep our house.  He is the one that provided the job I got.  When we allowed him to work in our lives and we made Him Lord of all that we managed to pull through. 

Walking by faith is not necessarily easy.  It can seem like we are wearing blinders and we stumble.  The truth is that Satan is there attacking.  He will do everything in his power to make us stumble.  It is his goal that we remove our blinders of faith, or prescription glasses.  His goal is to keep us from God.

Prayer:
          God I pray for your Blessings not only for today but for everyday.  May You shine down upon me and fill me with You love, Presence and Holy Spirit.  Lord I pray that you will help me remove my sunglasses and put on my prescription glasses of faith.  Help me to walk by faith and not by sight.  I pray that the Holy Spirit will be will me and fill me.  I pray that the Holy Spirit will keep Satan away and block his attacks on my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment