Thursday, August 19, 2010

Speeding Down Life's Highway...

Scripture:

Have you recently stopped to look at God's awesome creation?  When was the last time you took in the beauty of this world?  If we stop long enough we can see beauty where ever we are.  Too often we are too busy to slow down and notice.  When we drive down the interstate how much do you see?  Usually we are so focused on the car in front of us we do not see the beauty in the land as it rolls by.  In our lives we can be too busy or too focused on things of this world to notice God.  

Several times I have commented to a friend or two that I never seem to hear God speak to me.  I believe the reason for this is that I tend to make my life so busy I am never still long enough to hear.  I focus so much on family, work, scouts or whatever else comes my way that I cannot hear God's voice.  I miss out on him.  I am too busy to be still and listen.  My life seems to be a blur as I speed down its interstate.

As I strive to be closer to God I strive to stop and take time to be still and listen.  I want to see the road side as I drive by.  I do not want my life to continue to be a speeding blur here one minute and gone the next.  If we wait upon the Lord He will use us. 

If we seek refuge in Him we will not grow weary. Matthew 11:29-30 "29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  If we seek solace in Christ we will find rest.  As we take time out of our busy lives for Him he will recharge us.  I urge each and everyone of us to slow down and seek Christ.  Let us see His beauty.  Look at the beauty of this world and give God praise...


Prayer:
Our Father in heaven be in my heart.  Help me to slow down to be still and hear your voice.  Help me to take notice of the beauty in this world that you have given us.  God I give my burdens to you for I cannot bear the weight of my yoke.  I seek refuge, rest, and peace in You...

No comments:

Post a Comment