Wednesday, August 18, 2010

When You Are Faced With The Lions Den...


Scripture:

The administrators and satraps under Darius felt threatened by Daniel.  They were probably jealous of him and the position he was to have.  They setup the perfect plan to remove Daniel from the scene, or so they thought.

When faced with seemingly unbeatable adversaries can we stand firm?  When push comes to shove can we stand firm in our faith in Christ?  We need to know that God is with us when we are faced with overwhelming circumstances.  God will not forsake us and leave us to fend for ourselves. Psalm 37:28 "28For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off;" Throughout the Bible God reassures us He is with us.  God also gave us fellow Christians to give aid, strength, and encouragement in times of need.  

In our fellowship we share not only the good times but in each other's burdens.  As the saying goes many hands make light work.  So know that even though you are faced with what appears to be certain hardships and possible persecutions you are not alone.  As you face the fiery furnace or the lions den know that not only is God with you He sent you your friends and brothers and sisters in Christ.  In recent spiritual lows I struggled through I had three wonderful God filled Christians stand by me and help me through my struggles.

God has blessed me more than I deserve.  A song Bing Crosby sings in White Christmas is when you are worried and cannot sleep count your blessings. 


Prayer:
Our Father in heaven I pray for strength to stand firm in my faith.  I pray that I can feel your presence when I am facing hardships.  Help me to remember I am not alone and that You are with me.  Help me to see all my blessings when I feel I have none...


No comments:

Post a Comment