Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Be Happy in All Things...

Scripture:

Being content is not always an easy thing.  A month or two ago I had lunch with my pastor.  During our conversation I mentioned a revelation I had about being content with what we currently had.  OK, I know I am a bit slow...  Anyway people tend to look at the so called grass on the other side of the fence.  We seem to think it is greener on that side than on our own side.  Not being happy with what we have we want to jump the fence to be in the grass that appears greener.  The problem is unless we are happy and content with what we have now the grass will always be greener.  Once on the other side we will look again on the other side thinking it is greener.  Until we can find happiness in what we have now will be be content or happy with what we will get.

After that I my prayers shifted for God to help me find the contentment or happiness where I am at now.  Circumstances may not be ideal and times might be tough.  However, if we turn to Christ He will help us to be satisfied with were we are now.  Years ago I use to have my own computer business.  There were times when it was really hard.  Several times we could have lost it all.  God was with us and provided for us.  He watched over us and saw us through.  In several events in my life God was at work even before I realized it.  He knew what was needed even though I didn't.  

Because I know He is there working and watching I can be at peace in all things.  Christ will help me endure.  He will strengthen me to persevere.  There will be times when I will go through the fiery furnace.  These times are to help me grow or correct something wrong in my life.  They might be a test of faith.  It is my goal that even through these times I want to be content if not happy.  Will I succeed every time, being human and full of sin probably not.  Through grace from Christ I am made perfect and through that grace I have the means to be successful in my goal.  

Note: perfection is not here on earth but perfection will come in our new lives with Christ in Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment