Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When God Carries You...

Scripture:

Trials and hardships seem to follow each of us.  As for me there are times when it seems they out weigh the good times.  I ask myself what am I doing wrong?  What is God trying to teach me.  At times I get upset or even mad that God would put me through this.  Why can't he just make it go away and keep the good times rolling.

The truth of it is God is with me through them.  When facing hardships how we manage is in our attitude and perspective.  When my focus is on God and that he is with me I manage through on a positive note.  When I focus on my woes I get angry and upset with God.  Then it seems all the worse than what it really is.  I am not saying that keeping positive and focusing on God will make it less of a hardship.  The fact is When we focus on God He strengthens us.  Through Him we can get through the difficult times a lot easier.  As Joseph says in verse 19 "19But Joseph said to them, "Do not be afraid, for am I in God's place?"   Chris Tomlin's song Our God says it best:  

And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?


 We need to remember who the creator is.  God's awesome power is matched by none.  He is sovereign and He alone is worthy.  Jesus is the way and the life and it is through Him we are saved.  We just need to keep our focus on Christ.  When you look in the sand and see only one set of prints keep in mind that is when God picks you up and carries you.

No comments:

Post a Comment