Monday, August 30, 2010

Bread of Life...

Scripture:

Yesterday evening I could feel myself going down hill fast.  I usually tell myself that it is only allergies.  Truth be told I felt as if I head cold was coming on.  My sinuses grew more and more congested.  My head started hurting and I felt overall tired and run down.  I made myself a cup of hot tea, which felt good to drink.  Nancy gave me a bit of garlic to eat along with vitamin D, to help boost the immune system.  I took some nasal decongestant, which also seemed to help some.  I woke up this morning feeling better but still had a stuffy nose.  I took more sudafed and more vitamins.  

There are times in our lives when we are spiritually drained or not well.  Sometimes we cannot even tell we are feeling so bad.  Several years ago Nancy and I left a certain church we were members of.  It wasn't until we started attending another church that I realized I was spiritually dying inside.  How did this happen?  How can we prevent it from happening?  John 6:50 "But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die."  We must eat the bread of life.  

Nancy filled me with different things to boost my immune system to help curb my head cold.  We can do the same spiritually.  We must read our scripture daily, dive into the word of God, the bread of life.  Christian fellowship is another wonderful source for keeping a health spirit.  Most important, in my opinion, is communication with God.  We must keep ourselves in constant communion with Christ our Lord and Saviour.  This doesn't mean we will not face hardships, trials and tribulations of our own.  It does mean we will have strength and companionship to get through it.  

God has blessed me more than I could ever deserve.  I have a wonderful wife that puts up with me.  I have several good friends, and pastors, who encourage me spiritually.  They are there to help me when I have fallen spiritually ill... 

No comments:

Post a Comment