Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rags to Riches


Scripture:

 Is the glass half full or is it half empty?  Are you a fallen sinner who is granted forgiveness or a righteous person who is a saint that occasionally makes a mistake and sins?  How do you perceive yourself in life?  The truth is yes the glass is half full and it is also half empty.  We are fallen and sinners who are forgiven by grace.  We are also Saints made righteous by grace.  Too often I look at myself and see the weakness and failures.  I guess through my life I have looked at it as the glass is half empty.  I thought and even wanted to be positive and have the glass half full.  I tend to be hardest on myself thinking I cannot do this or that. I am a failure and who would want to listen to me.

I still think who would really want to read what I write.  However, I also know that God is the one who enables me to do so.  I am not the broken failure from years ago.  Even though I know it I still get it wrong.  After talking with a dear friend recently I was reminded that I can.  I have value and I am worth something.  That is why Christ died upon the cross.  That is why I have been offered, and accepted, the free gift of grace.  When I did I became a new person in Christ.  I am no longer the old but made whole.  Now the really good news is this isn’t just for me.  This offer is extended to anyone and everyone.  Once you accept Christ you are made new in Christ.  When you accept Christ you are no longer who you once were.  You too are a saint made righteous by grace.  Remove the rags and put on the robes Christ has offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment