Friday, November 11, 2011

My God Is Bigger...



I remember when I was a teenager there was a car dealership behind our house.  They had huge lights that lit up the back of their lot.  There were two lights one at each corner of our property.  Lining the fence that separated us we had huge cottonwood trees.  These trees would cast shadows on a windy night into our house.  I use to say I didn’t need to watch horror films to be scared.  All I had to do was turn out the lights and watch the shadows dance across the walls.  Before I knew it my imagination would get the best of me.  How easy we can become petrified when we let little fears get the best of us.   We fear talking with our spouses or our bosses.  We might fear driving through town because of all the traffic.  We fear things we do not know or understand.  I think Satan works overtime in order to put fear into our hearts.  If we become too afraid we can become paralyzed.

The truth is of the matter is what do we have to fear?  Really what do we have to fear?  Isn’t God who created all things greater than anything in this world?  Isn’t he greater than our enemies?  Romans 8:31 “What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?”  What more could be said?  If God is for us and if he is our fortress and refuge who can stand against us?  Who can defeat us?  God the creator of all things who is all powerful is our protector.  He is our provider.  A very dear friend of mine keeps reminding me to read and claim Psalm 91.  As I read and pray the Psalm I realize that nothing can overcome my God.  Psalm 91:1 “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.”  When you feel afraid or surrounded by your enemies read and claim Psalm 91.  Come and rest with me in His shadow…

No comments:

Post a Comment