Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Being Thankful



As Thanksgiving approaches I contemplate what I have to be thankful for.  I could list several things from a worldly perspective such as having a job in troubled times, a home to live in, food to put on the table, two vehicles for our family.  The list could go on but mostly I have my family to be thankful for.  However, more important than any of those is my relationship with Jesus.  Salvation is freely given, it is the most expensive and precious gift we can ever receive.  Are we truly grateful for that awesome gift?  Do we give God our praise and our thanks, or we just utter words when it seems appropriate?

I remember being in church stating the Apostles Creed or the Lord’s Prayer.  Most of the time it seemed that people just recited words.  There was no real depth or meaning to them.  We lose sight of the depth and meaning of what Christ has done for us.  We take for granted the price that was paid.  This thanksgiving let us all remember the depth and meaning of the most precious gift we have ever received.  Let our hearts truly give praise and thanks to God our Father.  Do not just recite words but realize and understand what you are saying.  We have a lot to be thankful for.  I pray none of us takes it for granted and truly appreciate all we have and will have…

No comments:

Post a Comment