Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Great Canvas of Life...

Scripture:

Isaiah 66:1-2 (NASB)

Thus says the LORD,
“Heaven is My throne and the earth is My footstool.
Where then is a house you could build for Me?
And where is a place that I may rest?
“For My hand made all these things,
Thus all these things came into being,” declares the LORD.
“But to this one I will look,
To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.

To be contrite is to show remorse, sorrow or to regret something.  A contrite spirit would be to regret your sin and to show remorse or sorrow over your sins.  God will look upon those who are contrite and humble.  How can we be contrite of spirit and humble before God?  For starters we need to recognize the fact that we are sinners.  We must accept the fact that God is the creator and we are just the creation.  Is a painting greater than the artist that paints?  Can the canvas with paint on it do greater things than the one that creates the painting?  Knowing God is our creator and accepting His divine authority is paramount in our lives.  By attempting to fulfill our own will and ignoring God’s will we are saying that we are greater than God.  We know better than he does.  I know through my own life that God’s plans are much better than my own.  Things usually turn out much better when I wait upon the Lord and seek His divine will. 

After all when we look upon the great canvas called life we only see a very small corner of a very large backdrop.  Next time you see a mural on a wall or large painting put your nose just barely off the surface.  Look at what is in front of you.  From that point of view can you see very much?  It isn’t until you step back several feet that you can see the entire painting or picture.  God is the only one who can step back and see the entire canvas of life.  He is the only one who knows and sees all.  I don’t know about you but I prefer to put my faith and trust in Him.  After all He knows better than I do.  I pray that God will help each one of us to be humble and have a contrite spirit…

No comments:

Post a Comment