Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bath Time...



There have been a few weekends when our little girls will color all over themselves with markers.  You would think having only washable markers wouldn’t be so bad.  There was one time when they painted themselves so thoroughly with blue and purple markers it didn’t come completely out.  Nancy scrubbed them at bath time but when they got out they had black, blue and purple markers smudged over their arms and legs.  It looked like a parent’s nightmare the night before church…

Our lives are the same way.  We have sinned and are stained.  No matter how many good works we do to cleanse ourselves we cannot come clean.  It is only through the righteousness of Christ that we can be cleansed.  2 Corinthians 5:21 (NIV): “God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”  It is through Jesus and only by His cleansing can we be made clean.  Even though we are made righteous we still need to follow God’s will.  We still need to hold His word deep in our hearts.  Psalm 119:1-11 (NIV)

Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
who walk according to the law of the LORD.
Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—
they do no wrong
but follow his ways.
You have laid down precepts
that are to be fully obeyed.
Oh, that my ways were steadfast
in obeying your decrees!
Then I would not be put to shame
when I consider all your commands.
I will praise you with an upright heart
as I learn your righteous laws.
I will obey your decrees;
do not utterly forsake me.
How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.

What else can be said…  Keep the faith, burry deep His word in your heart, follow Christ with all you are…

No comments:

Post a Comment