Monday, August 29, 2011

God Delivers



As I read Exodus I started to think about times in my life when I was between the enemy and an impassable expanse.  How many times do we find ourselves like the Israelites were after fleeing Egypt.  The Egyptian army was on one side and the Red Sea on the other.  The Israelites were trapped, n o where to go.  They felt doomed, lost with nowhere to go.  They just knew they were going to die.

God had a different plan though.  He purposely placed the Israelites in a position of total reliance.  The only way for the Israelites would escape was through God’s direct intervention.  As we all know God delivered His people to safety and destroyed the enemy’s army.  I know there are several times in my life when I felt that all was lost.  I saw no way out.  There was nothing I could do to fix things.  Yet each time when I trust in God He has delivered me and my family.  We just have to trust in Him and allow Him the credit, honor, and glory.  God will bring us to a place in life where we have to totally trust in Him.  We have no way out.  When we reach those moments in life do we allow God to be glorified in our deliverance or do we turn away in bitterness and anger?  He will guide, protect, and provide for us.  He always has in the past.  He is never changing so He will continue to do so in the future.  God protected the Israelites.  He provided for them, even when they sinned against Him.  God would not let the freed generation into the Promised Land because of their sin.  However, during their forty years in the desert He was with them and provided for all their needs.  God protected them and delivered them from their enemies time after time.

Well God has done it again.  We are all facing the enemy with nowhere to go.  All is lost and we are doomed to die.  God has done it again.  He has delivered us destroying the enemy.  When all was lost and we were doomed to die God saved us.  He destroyed the enemy once and for all.  God did it in such a way they there is no question who the savior is.  God is honored and glorified.    

No comments:

Post a Comment