Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Don't Let the Worries Win...



In the tough times we currently live in it can be hard not to stress and worry.  A couple of years ago I remember thinking that we finally have reached a point where we will have a little extra.  We can pay bills, buy groceries, and have a little extra.  Soon we would be able to start really saving money.  Then it hit.  The economy crashed and cost of living doubled and tripled.  The only problem was that my salary didn’t match the increase.  Once again we were upside down in our finances. 

Jesus tells us not to worry though.  He says to place our burdens upon him.  We can be assured of two things.  One is that He will always be with us. John 14:18 (NASB) “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”  Two He will always provide for our needs.  Luke 12:31 (NIV) “But seek His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.”

We can rest assured knowing that God will take care of us in all circumstances.  God will provide for us and tend to our needs.  He does so for the flowers of the field and the birds in the air.  How much more He does for us.  So as the bills pile up and the stress builds stop take a deep breath and relax.  God has a handle on it.  All you have to do is give it to Him.  It is easy to give Him our woes, worries and stress.  It is not so easy not to take it back.  I have found when things are tough praying helps.  When I talk to God I put my focus on Him.  Singing praises can also help you focus on Him.  The important thing to remember is to keep our focus on Christ.  Jesus reached out and pulled Peter out of the water as he was sinking.  He will do the same for you and me.  As we are sinking He will reach out and pulls us out…

No comments:

Post a Comment