Friday, August 12, 2011

Bearing It Alone?



We have all heard of people having the lightning bolt conversions in life.  Something drastic happens and your life changes forever.  That something opens your eyes to the Lord.  I remember watching a clip on Youtube that showed a man walking down a street.  This poor man got struck by lightning and fell to the ground.  What is amazing is that he got up and started to walk away.  He didn’t get ten steps when he got hit again.  For a second time he hit the ground.  He got up a second time and staggered off.  I do not know what ever happened to him but somebody was trying to get his attention.

I don’t know about you but that just might convince me that I was given a second chance.  Saul was doing everything he could to put an end to the blasphemous people who followed “The Way.”  Well that is of course until he met the King of kings.  Saul who became known as Paul became one of the greatest Biblical leaders.  He had hardships and pains all through his life.  Yet he clung to Christ.  Why would someone endure so much?  Paul knew Jesus was with him. 

Sometimes we get hung up on things of this world.  We find it hard to let go.  We might endure physical or emotional hardships.  Our finances might be a mess.  Some are persecuted, mocked, and tormented.  Despite all this we endure.  Why Hebrews 13:6 “So that we confidently say, ‘The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.  What will man do to me?’”  We need to let go of the worldly things cast our eyes to God and make Him first in our lives.  He will never forsake us or leave us.  We will never have to bear our burdens alone.  We are filled with the Holy Spirit which dwells in us.  Jesus is always with us.  As I struggle with finances and other problems in life.  I need to remember not to let the “love of money” be my priority.  Jesus is my priority, I pray that I never forget that or lose sight of Him…

No comments:

Post a Comment