Friday, March 9, 2012

Waiting On God


Scripture:
Lamentations 3:24-26
(NASB)

“The LORD is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the LORD.

Devotional:

How many times I get impatient waiting for God?  To be honest it is way too many.  I do not even wish to begin to count them.  I look at the circumstances around me and think OK God what are you waiting for?  I wonder why something doesn’t happen now.  The truth is that God knows when it is best to proceed.  If you are planning a road trip and the weather is really bad and stormy.  You see a small break in the weather and off you go.  The next thing you know you are in the middle of a torrential down pour with high winds.  You know you should have stayed home to wait a little longer.   Had you waited one more day you would have driven the entire way in blue sunny skies.  The weatherman said the storms would last all day, but tomorrow would be absolutely beautiful.  Tomorrow would be a perfect day for a drive.  In the end you found out he was right.

God is telling us to wait upon Him.  He knows when it is best to act.  I have found time after time that when I wait on God things turn out better.  When I attempt it myself I usually end up making a mess of it.  Even after all these years I am still learning to wait upon God.  He sees the big picture and he knows best.  It will be much better if we wait upon Him.  We need to seek His wisdom in all things.  When we do He will reveal Himself.  Then we will know when the time is right.  James 3:17 (NASB) “But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment