Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Our Home is Being Prepared


Scripture:
John 14:1-6
(NIV)
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”   Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Devotional:
There is only one thing that is guaranteed to happen from the day that you were born.  It is inevitable, one day we will die.  Our life here on this planet will cease.  What happens then?  Some people think nothing, we simply cease to exist.  Other’s think that we will be given new life here, we will be reincarnated.  Some believe that you come back here until you get it right then you move to the next existence, some sort of afterlife.  Others believe that if you are good enough here you can go and be a savior to another world.  In the end though there is only one truth.  You will go to one of two places.  If you are not a believer in Christ, John 3:16, then you will descend into Hell.  If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and lived a perfect life dying on the cross for your sins and is raised from the dead, then you will have ever lasting life in Heaven.  Bottom line you go to Heaven or Hell.
John 14:6, “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”  Jesus is preparing a place for us in Heaven.  We will not be forsaken or left behind.  He will come back for us and take us home.  Romans 14:11-12 (NIV)
It is written:
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”
So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
In the end the truth will be revealed to those who refuse to see it now.  We cannot escape our destination after this life.  Our decision here and now will determine where reside on the other side.  The good news for Christians is that we know Christ is preparing a grand and wonderful home for us.  We can be comforted in the thought that He will not forget or forsake us.  We can trust in Him, He already paid the price.  He has never failed us and never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment