Thursday, March 29, 2012

God Is Watching & Protecting


Scripture:
Psalm 121
(NIV)

I lift up my eyes to the mountains
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore. 

Devotional:

I remember one time I went to a friend’s house to help him work on his motorcycle.  For some unknown reason I put my glasses on instead of wearing contacts that day.  Which is unusual because working on the bile I would have preferred the contacts.  That way I wouldn’t have to deal with dirty glasses slipping down my nose.  While I was working on the bike a screwdriver slipped and raked across my nose ending on the edge of my glasses.  Had I not worn them the screwdriver would have went into my eye.  I firmly believe that God was watching out for me.  It was an inner prompting I believe that came from him to wear the glasses.  

When I was a teenager I was in a motorcycle accident.  My grandmother was on the back of the bike and we were heading towards home.  My parents were in the lead while a couple they were friends with brought up the rear.  Along the road the couple pulled up close to our side and was pointing at the back of my bike.  I looked down and saw a bag falling off.  I looked up and was on the edge of the road.  I went to swerve back to the center when the road gave out.  We slipped off the road into the tall grass on the side.  No problem, so far.  I started to slowly bring the bike to a stop when the front end went over a hidden board that was left on the side of the road.  As it turned the front in washed out and we went down.  There were no serious injuries but the bike was totaled.  My grandmother and I had to take a bus the rest of the way home.  God was with us that day as well.  Traffic was light and there was plenty of room on the side of the road so that we could slide to a stop safely.  

I can give many more instances in just my life when things could have been worse than what they were.  God is with us every day of our lives.  He watches over us protecting us from harm.  I firmly believe that there are times when we are not even aware of His protecting arms wrapping around us.  Nancy and I will often comment on why we get caught in traffic, or behind someone slow.  We will state God must have known something would have happened and he slowed us down.  How many so called coincidences are really God’s interventions?  Maybe we are rerouted, delayed, or have plans not happen for our own protection.  Maybe you missed that flight because God needed you somewhere else at the time, or he knew you would run into some sort of trouble.  God is with us watching over us.  We need to call on His name and allow Him to work in our lives…  Have faith He is aware and in control…

No comments:

Post a Comment