Friday, March 2, 2012

Wait Upon The Lord


Scripture:
Psalm 27:13-14
(NASB)

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD.

Devotional:

In difficult times it can be very hard to wait upon God.  As we struggle with what life throws at us we can get impatient and lose sight of God, when that happens disaster strikes.  When our focus shifts from God to what is around us we start to plot, plan, and manage things on our own.  We do not know why God waits at times to answer our prayers.  We cannot see the big picture.  We only see the small portion that is in front of us.

I once asked the scouts, while we were camping, to walk up to a tree and put their nose to the trunk.  Without actually turning their heads I then asked them to look around.  I wanted them to not how much of the forest they could actually see standing up against the tree.  Then I told them they needed to step back several feet and see what they could see.  To bring this into better perspective we are standing against the tree and God is looking down upon the forest from high up in the sky.  He can see the entire landscape.  He sees the cliffs ahead while we can only see the tree in front of us.

Next time you get impatient waiting on God stop a moment and ponder how much do you really know.  Do you see everything God sees?  What we see as a missed opportunity God sees as a missed mistake.  I have found that my life turns out much better when I wait upon the Lord…

No comments:

Post a Comment