Thursday, March 1, 2012

Do We Have Control?


Scripture:
Proverbs 16:9 (NASB)

The mind of man plans his way,
But the LORD directs his steps.

Devotional:

When traveling I prefer to be the one driving the car.  One reason is that it gives me something to do besides just sitting there like a lump on a log.  Another reason is that I can pretend to have control.  Even though I am driving and for all appearances I am in control of the car.  However, my control is limited to several factors.  One factor is my wife.  She will ensure I am not driving too fast and that I am paying attention.  Another reason for having lack of control is all the rules and laws of the road.  Add the fact that there are dozens of other drivers on the road all around me.  I think I am in complete control but in reality I am not.

In life we make plans and have dreams.  However, if we are wise we allow God to guide our steps.  Just as Nancy will ensure I am on the right roads, God will ensure our lives are on the right track.  The road is set before us and along the way we have choices in the direction we can go.  Do you allow God to guide you down the right path?  It is important to remember that in the end we really don’t have control, it is just an illusion.  If we are wise we will allow God full control in our lives guiding us down the right paths.  If we are foolish Satan will assume control, giving us the illusion that we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment