Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Touch And A Hug


Scripture:

There is nothing sweeter than a hug or snuggle from my two year old daughter.  I just love the way she lays her little head on my shoulder and hugs me.  When my seven year old was younger she would climb in bed with us in the morning and just snuggle up with me.  Also to hear little feet come running up as you come home being greeted with a hug is the best home coming I can get.  

We all love the feel of the touch from a friend or loved one.  There is something special and comforting in a loving embrace or touch.  How much greater is the touch from Jesus.  He touches our hearts and lives.  He gives us His loving embrace.  In Matthew 19:15 "After laying His hands on them, He departed from there."  Jesus touched the children before departing.  He always touched those He healed.  Sometimes there was a physical touch.  Always a touch in the heart.

Can you feel the touch of Jesus?  Is His touch given to others through you?  Remember the next time you give a hug it just might be the hug Jesus gives that person.  Our embrace might be the comfort Christ gives to someone else. We all feel good when we give or receive a loving hug.  Just a touch of the hand can bring volumes of comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment