Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Way or God's Way


Scripture:

As I ponder on what to write I am reminded of two different circumstances in the Bible.  Both could have had totally different outcomes which would have had major impacts on history. The first is Joseph's brothers.  What if they had not been jealous and sold Joseph into slavery.  God's plan would have manifested itself much differently and Israel might not have been placed into slavery by the Egyptians.  The other is Moses.  Had Moses not tried to handle things his way and waited upon the Lord he would not have murdered the Egyptian and been forced into exile.  The Israel's flight to freedom might have been very different.

I think of Paul and his circumstances.  He might have tried to fix things his own way.  Instead he waited upon the Lord doing His work where ever he was.  Paul found the good in all things.  Try as I might I just cannot seem to find the joy in some circumstances.  I can choose to handle things my way or I can choose to wait upon th Lord.  The outcome will be very different depending on my choice.  God's plan will still happen regardless.  How His plan manifests depends upon what we decide to do.  The question is not who is in control, for God is in control.  Instead the question to ask is am I going to let go of my illusion of control.  Am I going to try it my way or God's way.  The means to getting to the end will vary greatly depending on the path we choose.  

As Christians our destination is the same.  What makes the difference is how we get to that destination.  There is the easy way and then there is our way...

No comments:

Post a Comment