Thursday, February 10, 2011

What is in your spirit...

Scripture:
Matthew 25:19-23


God expects us to be faithful with what He gives us.  Too often I  have not been wise or in reality faithful with what He has given.  It is easy to get wrapped up in today's self seeking attitudes.  We want to keep up with the Jone's.  We have to have that new car, computer, TV, or just go on that cruise.  We think these will make us happy and fulfill us.  So we unwisely spend our money and waste our time.  We are not good Stewards of what God has given.

Even now I think about getting that camper for vacations.  I justify it by thinking of the quality family time we can have.  It is an investment in my family.  It is a means to get that much needed break and rest.  It is... easily justified.  Maybe someday God will bless us with the means to have a camper.  If not, well that is OK too.  What is important is that I do not let the desire or means of getting a camper replace God in my life. 

There is nothing wrong with having nice things, cars, boats, campers.  We just have to keep our focus on God.  We cannot ignore the needs of those around us.  How can I spend money I don't have for a toy I don't need when my neighbor is in need, or when needs of my family have not been met.  God will provide for us.  God will bless us.  God will tend to us in all aspects of our lives.  We just need to be wise with what He has given.  We have to seek Him first in all things.  We need to start being good stewards with what we have.  Then He will give us more.  God will not just provide needs He will bless us beyond our imaginings... Even though I am not wealthy by the standards of this world I am rich beyond my dreams with what God has given me...  The question is where is my focus?  I ask where is your focus...

No comments:

Post a Comment