Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let Us Grow Together...


Scripture:
Isaiah 43:1-13



As I read today's devotionals I kept thinking of Megan, my 14 year old soon to be 15.  As I reflect on the past I remember playing with her and her younger brother Aaron.  I remember laying on the couch when is was a new born with her in my arms asleep.  Now I look at this wonderful teenager who is full of life and growing everyday.  

She didn't turn into a teenager over night.  She hasn't all of a sudden grown up into an adult.  Time has passed and she has slowly grown and matured.  I watched as her playing shifted from childhood to teen stuff.  Now she loves puppets, dogs, and horses.  

Why do we expect to be saved and then completely mature Christians?  God doesn't think we should go from infant to adult over night.  We cannot sit idle and let life slip by drinking only proverbial milk.  We do have to grow and mature as Christians.  We just do not have to do so over night.  God uses many trials and events in our lives to shape and mold us.  Our choices are used to help us grow.  God doesn't cause hardships to befall us.  However, He will use them to help us grow and trust in Him.  It doesn't happen over night but we do grow.

Let us walk in our faith and grow from infant to toddler on up to mature Christians together...

No comments:

Post a Comment