Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who Is Your Compass

Scripture:


I remember a story a friend once told me about a group of scouts on a hiking trip.  They had their little personal GPS system to guide the way.  He used his map & compass along with land marks.  He noticed that they were passing their turn off.  He quietly followed along for a while.  Eventually he spoke up.  He said he thought they missed their turn back a little way.  The reply was  no we didn't see according to the GPS it is still up ahead.  So they continued to hike along.  He mentioned a couple more times the missed turn with the same results.  Finally the path ended with no turn in sight.  In the end they agreed he was right they missed the turn.  The GPS didn't give good directions.  My friend relied upon tried and true map and compass to find the way.

How often do we listen to this world for guidance and direction.  We ignore the tried and true word of God.  Isaiah in verses 19-21 tells the Israelites that one day God will be their compass again.  If we allow God to guide and direct us we will walk the correct path in life.  If we trust in Him we will not get lost.  Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all your hear And (B)do not lean on your own understanding. 6In all your ways (C)acknowledge Him, And He will (D)make your paths straight." I know when I try to guide my way by ways of the world I screw it up and end up lost.  When I trust in the tried and true ways of God I find my way.  Everything ends up much better.  I am no longer lost but found...

No comments:

Post a Comment