Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pass on the Truth...



Sometime ago I started emailing my thoughts about my morning devotional to just a few people.  I had three reasons for doing so.
  • By sending my written thoughts to someone else I had to actually read a daily devotional and my Bible.
  • By sending my written thoughts I  was ensuring I would be kept on the right track.  I figured if I got it wrong I had someone to tell me.  I wanted to make sure I got it right in my mind and could pass that on to others.
  • Finally I had, have, hopes of possibly making a difference in someone else's day.
It is so important to know the truth.  It is more important to pass on that truth.  Paul writes in Galatians 1:9 "I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!"  God will deal harshly with those who purposely give false teachings.  Also by being wrong or teaching falsely we can cause a soul to be lost. That is too high of a price to pay for getting it wrong.  Let us all hold one another accountable to ensure we teach the truth and preach the Good News of the Gospel spreading salvation through Christ to all nations.  Let us do as Christ instructed go and make disciples of all nations...

No comments:

Post a Comment