Monday, September 20, 2010

Counting Blessings...


Scripture:
John 15:9-17

Something I learned early on in the computer industry is how quickly equipment becomes outdated.  Product put on shelves today are already outdated.  Newer, bigger, and better always seem to be just over the horizon.  As quickly as the I.T. world changes you can never truly stay current.  We can have the illusion of being current, but it is just an illusion.  I have often wondered when it will peak.  There always seems to be something bigger or faster coming out.  I find myself continuously wanting to upgrade or purchase the newest gadget.  I learned long time ago I am an I.T. junkie.  I just don't have the budget for all the stuff I want.

In Philippians we are told to be content in whatever circumstances we are in.  In a fast past continuously changing world it can be hard to be content. My struggles this summer has been to be content with where I am and what I am doing.  I have come to find myself wanting to move on.  Through our recent difficulties I have been striving to turn it over to God and be content in "All Things..."  When I look around through eyes that God would have me see through I can see all the riches in the world.  Even though we struggle in life and have hardships God has truly blessed me and given me a good life.  I have a wonderful wife and five great kids.  I have several people I can email, call or talk to when I need to.  There are people who care for me and my family.  My list could go on and on.  In the movie White Christmas with Bing Crosby there is a scene where he talks about blessings.  When you can't sleep count your blessings instead of sheep.  

When times get tough and we start to lose site of what's important all we need to do is count all our blessings.  Soon you just might be able to find contentment in where you are.  It is through Christ that we can do all things...

No comments:

Post a Comment