Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What Can I Do?

Scripture:

Over the last decade or so I had become fairly good with my I.T. skills.  I have always been quick to learn new things.  In summer of 2009 I took on a new job with little to no knowledge in the field.  Over the course of the first year I learned a ton of new things and quickly got up to speed.  Recently I took on the task of writing a database in MS Access for someone.  Most of which went well with little trouble.  However as I near the final stages of the database I run into problems.  I have reached a road block.  Given resources and time I am confident that I can learn what is needed to finish the task.

Why am I so confident in my task at hand.  Simple answer is that it is not me but Christ in me that will succeed.  I attribute all I have done and can do to Jesus Christ my Lord and Saviour.  My goals have been to follow the teachings of Jesus.  Not only to hear His words but to put them into practice.  2 Corinthians 3:5 says it all " 5Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but (B)our adequacy is from God,"  My success is not of my doing but Christ in me.  My ability to learn new things is not of me BUT what Christ has given me.

First we must seek out Christ.  We must not only hear his words but to put into practice what He teaches us.  Then we must allow Christ to work in us and through us.  It cannot be my doing or about me.  It must be about Christ and what He does...

To God be the glory given...


Prayer:
Our Father in Heaven it is my prayer that you will speak to my heart.  It is my prayer that I not only hear your words but put into practice what I learn.  May you be given the credit for all I do.  May I never forget it is you that is working through me and not me at all.  Help me to keep my heart focused on you not only today but everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment