Wednesday, September 1, 2010

God Qualifies The Called...

Scripture:

I am sure Joshua did not feel that he was up to the challenge of leading the Israelites into the promised land.  He faced a challenge that was bigger than he was.  I remember one time I was preparing for a devotional at a men's breakfast at church.  I remember thinking to myself who am I to get up and speak about God to all these men, most of which are older than I am. I  didn't feel worthy of the task.  I thought for sure God could better use someone more qualified than I.

A realization hit me at that time.  God was telling me that He didn't call someone qualified for the task.  He will qualify those he calls.  If we are already qualified and worthy of the task then where is God's glory?  If we step up to the task God gives us God will qualify us and enable us to fulfill His work.  All we have to do is answer the call and willingly serve Him.  As God was with Moses and Joshua He will be with us. Joshua 1:5 "5"(E)No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; (F)I will not fail you or forsake you."  God will not let us fail or forsake us.  He has a purpose and wants certain things done.  He will see them to completion.  The question is will you step up to the task He has set before you?  Or will you walk away and miss His blessings?  God will give you what you need to succeed. He will not allow you to fail.  When we fail it is our own doing.  

Some of the tasks will be difficult.  The challenges may overwhelm us at times.  All we have to do is remember that God is with us.  He will give us what we need to succeed.  We just need to rely on Him and use the resources He gives us.  We need to tap into the support we can give one another.  For God also gave us each other... 
 
God Bless,
"In God We Trust"

No comments:

Post a Comment