Friday, September 10, 2010

Are You Lost?

Scripture:

 
I remember a story another scout leader once told me.  The scouts were on a hiking trip and were using a personal GPS to navigate.  As they were walking my friend told me he was using his map and land marks.  H noticed they had come to where they were suppose to turn.  Instead they walked past the turn.  He waited for a bit before making a comment.  He suggested that they might have passed the turn off.  Everyone else was positive that the turn off was up ahead.  A couple of more times he commented that they should turn back.  They refused to listen stating that according to the GPS they didn't reach their destination yet.  Finally the path ended with no turn in site.  Another leader finally said maybe that was the turn.

The boys scouts and leaders put all their trust into a device to tell them where to go.  My friend used the tried and true method of reading a map.  Unfortunately too many people today get lost in their own ways and caught up in themselves.  We are busy buying new gadgets that we think will fill a void in our lives.  We look to new and supposedly better ways to fulfill our lives.  Jesus is back there waiting for us to turn around and to say "Jesus I am lost show me the way."  

Jesus is the way, John 14:5-7
5Thomas said to him, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?"
 6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

How much rejoicing there is when we finally get it right and we are finally found.  At one time in our lives each of us are all lost.  Jesus is walking with us quietly saying let us look at the map and I will show you the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment