Monday, February 13, 2012

Sharing In Each Other's Burdens


Scripture:
Psalm 55:1-8 (NIV)

Listen to my prayer, O God,
   do not ignore my plea;
  hear me and answer me.
My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught
  because of what my enemy is saying,
   because of the threats of the wicked;
for they bring down suffering on me
   and assail me in their anger.
  My heart is in anguish within me;
   the terrors of death have fallen on me.
Fear and trembling have beset me;
   horror has overwhelmed me.
I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
   I would fly away and be at rest.
I would flee far away
   and stay in the desert;
I would hurry to my place of shelter,
   far from the tempest and storm.”

Devotional:

All of us at one time or another feel overwhelmed.  We feel the attacks from the enemy coming from all sides.  We all have hardships, trials, and tribulations that we go through.  No one is spared.  Paul asked God three times to remove some affliction from him.  God’s response was My Grace is sufficient for you.  2 Corinthians 12:7-9 (NIV),

…or because of these surpassingly great revelations. Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”…

One of the greatest evangelists of all time couldn’t escape affliction and hardship.  Why should we think we shouldn’t face hardships?  All of us will face them; the question is how will we react.  God’s grace is sufficient for us.  We do not have to face hardships alone.  We are filled with the Holy Spirit.  God will see us through if we rely upon Him.  God has also given us each other.  As Christians it is our duty to be there for one another.  We are able to assist each other along life’s narrow path.  As the old saying goes “Many hands make light work.”
 
When faced with troubles do you turn to God?  Do you try to face them alone?  You don’t have to.  God is with you.  His grace is sufficient.  His strength is greater than anyone else’s.  In today’s difficulties it is important that we help one another.  It is important to remember that you do not have to go at it alone.  You have others around willing to share the load.  Maybe you can help ease someone else’s burden.  Maybe God is seeking to use you to be there for someone else…

No comments:

Post a Comment